Sworn Translator /Interpreter
FRENCH / ENGLISH
• B.A. (English Literature), Cambridge University, U.K.
• M.A. (English Literature), Cambridge University, U.K.
• DipTransIol, Diploma in Translation, Institute of
Linguists, London, U.K.
• Sworn Translator / Interpreter, Bordeaux Court of Appeal
Prudence Benatar has dual British/French nationality and
has lived in the Dordogne, near Bergerac since 1990. Her day-to-day
living environment is totally French and she is capable of
manipulating both languages to a high standard.
She specialises in:
• Administrative documents such as birth/death certificates,
divorce rulings, academic qualifications, wills etc. (basically
anything requiring the stamp of a sworn translator or ‘traducteur
• Literary works (novels, memoires, theses...)
• Publicity (websites, brochures…)
• All areas of wine-making / growing
• Interpreting: Any situation requiring the services of an
interpreter (ranging from civil or religious wedding ceremonies to
divorce hearings before the judge... and taking in lawyers and
administrative bodies and business meetings along the way).
Quotes are free so please do not hesitate to contact me if you feel
you might need my services.