Home > Daily Life > Housing
Pratical Information - Housing


Information concerning housing and the grants and allowances available.
Source : Bergerac Pole Emploi (Job Centre).

Estatea Agents in the Bergerac Area
Temporary Housing Associations

Grants & Allowances
Moving House Allowance
Family Benefits Agency (CAF)


Estate Agents in the Bergerac Area

Temporary Housing Associations

Temporary Housing
1 Boulevard Beausoleil
Tel :
+33 (0)5 53 63 10 02

St Joseph’s Refuge
Rue du Pont Saint Jean
Tel :
+33 (0)5 53 22 12 30

Help for Families in Difficulty
12 Rue du Pont Saint Jean
Tel :
+33 (0)5 53 58 99 56

Top of the page

Grants & Allowances



To ensure payment of rent and rental charges in the case of arrears : the CIGL enters into a contract - free of charge - with the landlord.
The sum paid is an advance (free of charge) which must be repaid over the course of three years. The person who signed the rental contract is liable and, in certain cases, the cost of the rent is taken into consideration (contact us for further details).

Who is Eligible for the CIGL ?
A private sector, non-agricultural, employee.
A person under 30 years of age, in the above situation or looking for work.

Who to Contact ?
• Telephone the Housing Department. Tel :
+33 (0)5 53 06 82 50
or contact

CILG Dordogne 
57, rue Wilson
24000 Périgueux
Tel. :
+33 (0)5 53 06 82 50
Fax :
+33 (0)5 53 06 82 51

Moving House Allowance

More information (in french)

Family Benefits Agency (CAF)

The Dordogne Family Benefits Agency (CAF) telephone service. Tel : 08 91 67 00 24
Details of various housing benefits can also be obtained by ringing this number.

Three Possible Solutions
APL (Personal Housing Benefit)

ALF (Family Housing Benefit) concerns those who are not eligible for the APL and who :

ALS (Social Housing Benefit) corners those who are eligible for neither the APL nor the AFL.

For further details contact the Family Benefits Agency (the CAF) in your town or département.
Open Monday to Friday
9h00 to 10h30

24-26 rue Victor Hugo
Tel : +33 (0)5 53 02 52 00
From monday to friday
9h00 - 12h00
 13h30 - 16h00

50 Rue Claude Bernard
Tel :
+33 (0)5 53 02 53 00
From monday to friday  8h30 - 16h00

Public bodies can also provide information concerning housing benefit :

Centre La Brunetière
HLM La Catte
Tel :
+33 (0)
From monday to friday : de 9h00 - 12h00 & 14h00 - 18h00

Centre Jean Moulin
Rue des Frères Prêcheurs
Tel : +33 (0)
From monday to friday : de 9h00 - 12h00 &  14h00 - 18h00

Centre Rive Gauche
1, rue Alphonse Daudet - Naillac 3
Tel : +33 (0)
From monday to friday : de 9h00 - 12h00 & 14h00 - 18h00.

Calculate your housing benefit entitlement on Mintel 3615 CAF or www.caf.fr

 Top of the page


Generally speaking, when the tenant signs a lease he/she will be required to pay :

• A month’s rent in advance.
• A deposit : guaranteeing the tenant’s respect of his/her obligations, for instance the payment of repairs incumbent upon the tenant. At the end of the rental period, the landlord must return the deposit, minus any sum that the tenant owes. In the case of non-furnished lodgings the deposit should not be more than two months’ rent (not including charges).
• Agency fees : Nothing is due the agency before tenant and landlord have signed a lease. In the case of non-furnished lodgings the costs involved in drawing up a lease should be split evenly between the tenant and the landlord.
• Inventory costs : In the case of non-furnished lodgings, if an agreement cannot be reached between tenant and landlord (or agent), the inventory should be drawn up by a bailiff and the cost split evenly between the tenant and the landlord. The tenant should pay particular attention to the state of the property to avoid future litigation.
• House insurance : Insurance is obligatory but the tenant can choose his/her own insurance company.
• Utility meters : Connect water, gas and electricity meters. Connection of telephone depending on the circumstances.

A lease is essential for both the tenant and the landlord. Rental conditions vary according to the situation.

Non-furnished lodgings : the lease must respect the conditions imposed by the 6 July 1989 law .
• Except in circumstances taken into account by the law, the lease must be for a minimum of 3 years if the landlord is a private individual or 6 if a corporate body.
• Tenant and landlord are free to agree on a fixed rental rate which can be revised once a year in accordance with the construction industry INSEE (national institute of statistics and economic studies) index.
• Providing the tenant respects a three-months’ notice period s/he is free to end the lease at any moment. The notice period is reduced to one month in the case of loss of employment, a new employment following the loss of employment, a transfer, or if the tenant is an RMI (income support) claimant.

Furnished lodgings as a principal domicile :
• If the landlord rents out a maximum of 4 properties, then there are no specific regulations governing the situation. All the more important, therefore, to specify - in writing - the conditions of the lease. Particular attention should be paid to the length of the lease and the notice period/conditions of the tenant.
• If the landlord regularly rents out more than 4 properties, a minimum one-year lease must be established. The tenant is free to end the lease at any moment providing a one-month notice period is respected.
• Lodgings situated in subsidized young worker’s hostels or community residences have one-month occupancy titles which can be ended at any moment providing a one-week notice period is respected.

Be careful...
If, in order to reserve a lodging, the landlord proposes to sign - against a sum of money - the promise of a lease, it must specify the exact type of housing, the rent, the duration of the lease and the conditions in which the sum of money would be returned should the prospective tenant decide not to rent the lodging.

For all further information, contact :

Website : http://www.adil24.org
« Opened in 1984, on the initiative of 'Conseil Général de la Dordogne', The “ADIL 24” is present for more than 20 years and assures a mission of public service of accommodation information. The Departmental Agency for Information on the Accommodation of Dordogne (ADIL 24) has as vocation to give to the public a juridical, financial and fiscal advice on all questions relating to the habitat ».

 Top of the page