We are the Bergeracois !
Acting together for an innovative local economy.
The Greater Bergerac Region has applied for entry into the
LEADER programme for the period 2014-2020.
LEADER is a Europe-wide programme, managed by local residents
from across the region.
Thanks to a detailed diagnosis of the territory and
consultation with numerous local players throughout the
process of putting together the application, we have defined
the needs of our region.
The 10 requirements for our region:
1. Establish and promote an overall identity for the region
based on its resources.
2. Create a collective through communication about
initiatives, projects and knowledge.
3. Improve alliances and co-operation between those involved.
4. Promote the initiative by supporting the creators and
developers of projects.
5. Guarantee the accessibility of services to all.
6. Exploit our regional resources in order to promote economic
7. Promote life-long training opportunities.
8. Support new economic sectors.
9. Turn the transition towards renewable energy into an
10. Continue opening up the region.
From these requirements and the added-value which the LEADER
programme could bring, we have been able to establish our
" We are the Bergeracois !
Acting together for an innovative local economy. "
This approach is built around five strategic
Strategic Objective 1 : Underpin economic development with an
identity based on common values.
Strategic Objective 2 : Co-ordinate economic development.
Strategic Objective 3 : Co-operate to share and boost our
strategy : We are Europeans !
Strategic Objective 4 : Support entrepreneurship and the
spirit of initiative.
Strategic Objective 5 : Anticipate and adapt to economic
All actors from the Bergerac region involved in this project
wish to put the economy and employment at the heart of our
strategy. To achieve this we will capitalise on our experience
in the field of digital information and renew our strategy in
favour of the use of the digital infrastructure.
These figures support our application
The selection of regions put forward for the LEADER
programme should be announced at the end of the first quarter
Do you have any questions or a project to propose? Contact us
on 05 53 27 30 18 -
Facilitators : Mr François QUEVAL, Mrs Nathalie GIROL
Manager : Mrs Karine Mailletas
President : Mr Jerome BETAILLE
Click here to have more
informations about this programme (in French)