Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Bayac Town HallVersion Française
     
   

The town of Bayac is located in the canton of Beaumont du Périgord in Dordogne. It is served by the departmental route D660. It has a dense forest of poplars, chestnuts and oak trees.

The name in Occitan is Baiac, which means “The Domaine of Baius” (or Badius), a Gallo-Roman person’s name.

     

The village is known for its prehistoric site “La Gravette”.
(-27 000 -20 000 BC), the excavations have brought to light a particular type of equipment.
There is also a fortified castle, built in the 11th century, and a church with a wall-belfry.

Latitude: 44,80°
Longitude: 0,73°
Distance: 1,19°
Population: 352 inhabitants
(official population on January 1, 2017)
Surface area: 1023 hectares

 
Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).