Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Monsac Town HallVersion Française
 

     

Monsac and the surrounding area have been inhabited since the very earliest settlements in the Périgord; excavations of the commune’s plateaux have revealed - and continue to reveal - many tools dating from the stone age period suggesting the presence of axe-making ‘workshops’. Underground passages date from the Gauls and burial stones from the Romanesque period.

The commune of Monsac is situated in the arrondissement of Bergerac and the canton of Beaumont at 1°37 - 1°39 degrees longitude (west) and between 44°45 - 44°52 latitude (north). It is bordered to the north by the commune of Lanquais, to the east by Bayac and Beaumont, to the south by Naussannes and Bardou and to the west by Montaut and Faux (the river Couzeau provides a natural boundary on this side).

The commune of Monsac has a surface area of 1073 hectares and a population of 201 (official population on January 1, 2017).




Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).