Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Monsaguel Town Hall  Version Française
   

In the Middle Ages the commune of Monsaguel belonged to Gascony; during the Hundred Year’s War the Count of Modon de Montbarron, owner of the Donzelle, held out against the English but no evidence of the battle or indeed the presence of the English in this commune remains (despite its close proximity to Issigeac).
The name used to be written ‘Montsaguel’.

     
 

 

The commune of Monsaguel is in the canton of Issigeac, bordered by the communes of St Cernin to the north, Montaut and Monmadalès to the east, Issigeac to the south-east, Eyrenville to the south and St Pardoux and Bouniagues to the west. Its only natural border is the small « La Conne » stream to the north.
The RN21 national road runs to the west and the smaller, departmental CD14, to the east.

The commune has a surface area of 1156 hectares and a population of 163 (official population on January 1, 2017).

     
 

Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).