Pressignac-Vicq is located 24 km east of Bergerac and 9 km
north of Lalinde, on Departmental route 36. The Grande Randonnée
(GR) hiking trail, of the land between Dordogne and Louyre,
crosses the town.
The town is a part of the Bergerac district and the Lalinde
canton. Its surface area is 1076 hectares, and there are
(official population on January 1, 2017).
The Coat of
Let us evoke the families Gonthier of Soulas and of Beaufort,
the tragedy of 1944 and the revival that arose from this tragedy,
Equally divided vertically: one side is of azure with three
pieces of silver, set in the border; with a cut shield of green
and sand, in heart stitching on the whole.
Motto: 1960 – Pressinhacum - Vicus – 1998
The sand (black) of the shield in the middle evokes mourning
that becomes less with time and succeeding generations, but its
memory remains, marked in these weapons. The green grows from
day to day, after having taken birth in the darkest days of the
history of Pressignac.
1960: The year the town was created.
Pressinhacum-Vicum: The Latin names of the two parishes.
1998: The year these coats of arms were created.
Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).