Cernin de Labarde is a small village with
and a surface area of 1139 hectares. It is a part of the
canton of Issigeac.
At 133 metres high, it is bordered on the north and northwest
by the commune of Conne de Labarde, and the west and southwest
by Bouniagues and Monsaguel. Monsaguel and Issigeac are to the
south, Monmadalès is east-southeast, and Saint Aubin de
Lanquais is to the northwest.
Its coordinates are:
44°45’50’ latitude North
0°34’1’’ longitude East
The Conne, a
tributary of the Dordogne, crosses the village for approximately
3 km. Its source is at the Fontaine du Roq, south of Monmadalès.
Slightly upstream from the Moulin de la Lèdre, it splits into
two branches, which come together at the Moulin du Faure.
On the territory of Saint Cernin the Conne is joined by the
Tendoux, a stream whose source is at the Fontaine des Teyssiers,
and by the Banize, which comes from Bouniagues, and separates
the commune of Saint Cernin for a kilometre.
D14, which connects Bergerac and Issigeac.
The commune consists of 19 hamlets: le Poujol, les Saintongers,
Pémontier or Pecmontier, les Tendoux, Ste Luce, Pémontier le
Vieux, le Touron, le Maine, les Ducottes, Labarde, Mangraine,
les Aubilles, Pébouquet, le saut de la Margot, le Moulin du
Faure, la Cépède, Cantelouve, le But, Moulin Bas.
The village is located on a limestone plateau that overlooks the
valley of La Conne. The commune has 200 hectares of woods.
Agriculture has structured the landscapes with a play of colours
as the seasons go by, of cereal plantations (sunflower, colza,
wheat, barley, oats, corn), plum trees and vineyards, giving an
impression of coloured fields as far as the eye can see, dotted
here and there with white stone houses, letting us surmise the
proximity of the Lot et Garonne.
(official population on January 1, 2017)
Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).