Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
Saint Géraud de Corps Town HallVersion Française
 
Church
 

Saint Géraud de Corps is the smallest commune in the canton of Villefranche de Lonchat, with a surface area of 1495 hectares. It occupies a plateau located between the valleys of the Isle and the Dordogne rivers. Situated at an altitude of 127 metres, it is the highest point in the canton. It is bordered to north by the Tord brook whose source is at Bos Nègre, at the fountain of Gurson, and empties into the Lidoire near Chaudeau, and to the south by the Lidoire. It brings together the hamlets of Campredon, Chavagnac, Jumeau, Larboulois, Queyrouilh, Bourdeau and Lac.

This village is located 12 km from Montpon Ménestérol and south-west of the forest of Landais, which covers a third of its territory. It is crossed by the Saint-Martial d'Artenset - Bergerac main road, and by the departmental road 33 leading to Villefranche de Lonchat, the canton’s administrative centre.

 
 
Covered market
 
     
 

It has 208 inhabitants (official population on January 1, 2017).

Population
The inhabitants are called the “Saint Géraudais” (or Saint Géraldais or Saint Géraldiens).

A turning point at the beginning of the 21st century ?

To appeal to retired persons and to attract future generations, in addition to our lush forests and our pleasant countryside which can favour the simple life, we have ADSL since November 2008. Saint Géraud de Corps is the first commune in Aquitaine to be equipped with a NRAZO (a connection node in a remote region) to provide broadband coverage for its territory.



Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).