Print this page Print
HomeTown Hall  > 
  Saint Jean d'Estissac Town Hall  Version Française
 
       
 

Consisting of a village and many hamlets, the commune of Saint Jean d’Estissac is very spread out (1286 ha) and very wooded. 75 % of the commune’s surface area is covered with forest. There are 165 inhabitants (official population on January 1, 2017).

     

It is crossed by the departmental road 39, which links Villamblard and Neuvic.
The Estissac forms a valley, from its source in “Basse forêt” (“Lower Forest”) (boundary of Villamblard) to Crempse. It is fed by numerous springs and small streams.

Saint Jean belonged to the Castellany of Estissac (barony in 1338) with the parishes of Saint Hilaire and Saint Séverin.



Text translated by Pays du Grand Bergeracois (professional translator).